- Come prepared and print out the music beforehand. Highschool try Part 1 and 2, Primary school go for part 3 or 4. Advanced players will record ALL parts.
- Pen and Paper and your smiling faces.
- A device (phone, ipad, or laptop)
See: Member FAQs: See: ‘What if I can’t make a group lesson?’
*Please make a note of this in your diary, as we have strict deadlines for submission due to the length of time it takes to edit the video. As you can guess, the more video submissions, the more the video design changes, so please make sure you have your video in by the end of August AT THE LATEST.
- Record yourself playing one or all of the parts below (while listening to the video with headphones):
- Part 1
- Part 2
- Part 3
- Part 4
- Your phone must be landscape
- Make sure you play in a boomy place
- Make sure we can see your whole body.
- Say your name and the part you are playing at the start of the video.
- Count 1 2 3 4 to start REALLY IMPORTANT FOR EDITING LATER
- Blu tac your music to the wall.
- Listen to the EXAMPLE VIDEOS BELOW from one device and record with another (you may need someone else to video you)
- Upload your video to the Google Drive in the correct folder: with your name as the file name
- If you are an advanced player – record all parts choosing a different camera angle and different clothes for each part.
- If you are a beginner – choose Part 3 or 4 only.
- If you are in between – you choose which part to play.
- Record the WHOLE song even if you only do a little bit – this is IMPORTANT for editing.
- Have fun – move your body and SMILE!
- Don’t stop the video at the end – point and stare at the camera and hold the pose.
BONUS DRUM SOLO
If you would like to be a part of the drum solo (you should totally try it out!) listen to the video below called Drum Solo Backing and do a two-bar solo like the examples shown in the Drum Solo Examples Video.
REMEMBER – WE ONLY WANT TO HEAR YOU IN THE RECORDING YOU PROVIDE AND NOT THE BACKING. THE BACKING IS FOR YOU TO PLAY ALONG WITH TO STAY IN TIME.
DRUM SOLO BACKING
DRUM SOLO EXAMPLES