WHAT TO BRING
Pen and Paper and your smiling faces.
WHAT IF I CAN’T MAKE IT?
Are you kidding? You’re at home. Get in there!
See: Member FAQs: See: ‘What if I can’t make a group lesson?’
- Record yourself playing one or all of the parts below (while listening to the video with headphones):
- Part 1 – Small Tom
- Part 2 only – Click Sticks (for beginners)
- Part 2 + 3 – Click Sticks + Floor Tom
- Part 4: Bass Drum and Snare
- Your phone must be landscape
- Have an interesting background – NOT a white wall
- Make sure we can see your face and your drum kit.
- Say your name and the part you are playing at the start of the video.
- Count 1 2 3 4 to start REALLY IMPORTANT FOR EDITING LATER
- DON’T PLAY any instrument when you “cough”, “sneeze” or “sniff”. ALL VOCALS ARE BY THEMSELVES.
- Listen to the EXAMPLE VIDEOS BELOW from one device and record with another (you may need someone else to video you)
- Upload your video to the Google Drive in the correct folder: with your name as the file name
- If you are a advanced player – record all parts choosing a different camera angle for each part.
- If you are a beginner – choose Part 2 only.
- If you are in between – you choose which part to play.
- Record the WHOLE song even if you only do a little bit – this is IMPORTANT for editing.
- Have fun – move your body and SMILE!
- Don’t stop the video at the end – wave or twirl your sticks.
E.g. Check out the video in the Folder called “Part 4: Bass Drum + Snare Part”
UPLOAD YOUR RECORDING TO THE GOOGLE DRIVE FOLDER BY 15 APRIL 2020
(LISTEN TO THIS WITH HEADPHONES WHEN RECORDING TO STAY IN TIME)
PART 1: SMALL TOM
PART 2: CLICK STICKS (BEGINNER)
PART 2 + 3: FLOOR TOM + CLICK STICKS
PART 4: BASS DRUM + SNARE
SHEET MUSIC TO PRINT: